Pages

Friday 4 December 2009

Cats

Well made it out of bed, and out to get some food.
If Bucharest was the city of the dogs, then Istanbul is the city of the cats..everywhere you turn. Domestic, wild or semi-domestic? I shared my meal with three black kittens, who quickly decided that the people next to me had better food on offer than my vegetable kebab. No loyalty cats, not like dogs.

Strolled back to hotel, up onto the roof terrace. Amazing night time views of the Sea of Marmara, the cargo ships doted across the port, all pointing in the same direction awaiting their call to action. And the Blue Mosque at night shining bright like a golden beacon. The seagulls swooping around the minarets appear like flakes of gold that have broken free from the dome dancing with the pleasure of their new found freedom.

I forget the cold, my flu and am lost in the moment.

No comments: