Pages

Sunday 8 January 2012

In Conversation with Boys Who Sew

Happy New Year! Wishing you all a peaceful, collaborative and creative 2012.

It's a while since I posted anything on the sampler blog, as I've been busy with my own residency in Berlin - In Search of Berlin Wool.

However, I'm delighted to say that all being well the sampler-cultureclash collective will be getting together for several events in 2012, including performances in Belfast in March and at the Manchester Craft and Design Centre on Saturday 14 July. In addition we're at the early stages of curating a mini textile and sound festival in Berlin in the summer. We'll keep you posted on them all.

In the meantime to kick the year off I'm delighted to be taking part in the In Conversation with Boys Who Sew event at Mac, Birmingham at 7.30pm on Tuesday 17 January. Curated by Trevor Pitt I'll be joining the now infamous Jamie Chalmers (aka Mr X Stitch), Stewart Easton whose exhibition Four Tragic Tales in currently on at MAC, and the Birmingham legend Twiggy for a fun evening of chat and debate about all matter of things embroidered.

Be great to see a few of you there.

No comments: